Through the Alpi Retiche with the Bernina Red Train!
On 25 March Lista Aperta invites you to live the experience of a trip on the Bernina red train, the slowest and highest train in Europe!
The meeting will be at around 6:30 am at the Bovisa station, where we will take the bus to reach the departure station of the train, near Tirano.
At this point, we will be waiting for the ride aboard a panoramic carriage, which along the Rhaetian Railway, a UNESCO heritage site, will take us to the heart of the Alps.
The crossing, of around h 2:30, will end at the terminus, in the Swiss city of St. Moritz at around noon. Here, the visit of the city is left autonomous for each participant (a stop at the frozen lake is recommended), as well as the lunch break.
The journey will resume in the early afternoon, when we will take the train back to Italy. This time, however, the crossing will include a stop at Morteratsch, where it will be possible to take a 50-minute walk to see the Piz Bernina glacier, the third longest in the Eastern Alps.
In the late afternoon the end of the journey, that is the definitive return to Italy, first aboard the train to Tirano, then by bus for the final stretch.
The return to Milan is scheduled around 11.00 pm.
- the train reaches high altitudes, so it is necessary to dress appropriately (in particular, comfortable shoes).
- both meals are self-contained (packed or available for purchase), one in St. Moritz and one that can also be consumed on the train.
- for those who are vaccinated, the super Green Pass must be shown
- for the unvaccinated, there is an obligation to:
- carry out a PCR test (molecular swab) carried out in the country of departure with a validity of 72 hours or a rapid antigen test performed no later than 24 hours before.
- undergo fiduciary isolation for 5 days upon returning from abroad.
- make a rapid or molecular swap at the end of the isolation.
- a face mask is required for each participant.
The cost of the day is € 25, which includes the round trip on the Bernina red train (one way on the panoramic carriage), travel by bus to reach the station and insurance.
Don’t miss this fantastic opportunity!
We remind you that further definitive details will be communicated to you via email once the registration has been confirmed.
The initiative is open for 30 people.
Registrations will open on March 16, 2022 at 12.00 p.m., we will confirm by email if you have managed to register among the available seats or if you are on the waiting list. (ATTENTION! The email could arrive in spam).
The initiative is carried out with the contribution of the Politecnico di Milano